Over the past couple of days, the Internet has been buzzing with reporting over how Lena Dunham will dress up as a Planned Parenthood abortionist for Halloween.
Lisa De Pasquale, who tweeted about the ordeal, includes a picture of Dunham’s costume.
In her newsletter today, Lena Dunham says she dressing as a PP doctor for Halloween. How sad and one-dimensional. pic.twitter.com/C69NOdT8eX
— Lisa De Pasquale (@LisaDeP) October 27, 2015
Dunham’s newsletter mentioned:
Still, I want to be accepted and to WIN BIG! And this year, I think I may have finally nailed it. I’m going as something newsy, sexy, and cool: a Planned Parenthood doctor!
There is, however, no explanation as to how sickening that is. It’s “newsy,” all right, and in a “BIG” way, but for all the wrong reasons.
The actress, author, producer, and writer seems she will do anything and everything for abortion. Thus, this move is hardly surprising for her, but that’s still a problem.
Dunham supports Planned Parenthood. Okay, so what, you may be thinking? We’re all forced to whether we like it or not through our taxpayer dollars. Dunham, however, really goes above and beyond. Some of the things she has been in the spotlight for include:
- Comparing voting for Obama to having sex for the first time
- Discussing abortion in a non-chalant manner on her HBO show “Girls,” of which Planned Parenthood was brought on as a consultant
- Commenting that dating a Republican would be like dating a Nazi, in part because of pro-life views
- Lying about being raped in which case her fictional accuser was, you guessed it, a Republican
- Writing about the inappropriate touching of her baby sister in her book, in a ‘comic tone,’ and then acting offended when people reacted harshly to her
- Attempting to push Planned Parenthood’s talking points–key word “attempting”–while hosting an episode of “Saturday Night Live,” which had particularly low ratings
Most of the media rightfully call out Dunham’s costume idea. Chicks on the Right also makes the valid point that it may be one of the most racist costumes out there.
There are those who still support her costume, though, and even applaud it.
The Huffington Post actually referred to Dunham’s costume as “noble.” At the end of their piece is a slideshow of “Amazing Celebrity Halloween Costumes.”
Refinery29’s endorsement is even worse. Their headline states: ‘Lena Dunham’s Halloween Costume is Brilliant.’ And may God help you if you don’t agree:
Is there anything sexier? We really respect Dunham’s unusual choice for a few reasons. First of all, it looks comfortable as hell. But more importantly, it’s topical and political, taking a stand on a significant, highly contested issue — how many sexy bunny costumes can say that? The firmly pro-choice actress is sure to invite critics and haters, but Dunham is never one to shy away from controversy.
It’s one thing to support abortion— it’s another issue entirely to glamorize it. And it’s even worse to regard it as “sexy” or “cool.” From Dunham, none of this is so shocking.
I guess it shows that there is very little abortion supporters won’t support when it comes to abortion.