Recently, everyday parents have spoken out on social media about choosing life for their children, despite the odds.
Despite a flood of voices telling them to abort, they said no.
Despite doctors’ predictions of low-quality life, they saw the value in their child and said yes to life – however short.
Despite those who may forget, they remember the precious children who were miscarried.
Despite scheduling an abortion, they walked out, knowing that the decision they made in that moment would change their lives in the best way, forever.
These parents – and so many like them – illustrate one reason the abortion rates are dropping in our nation. Despite Planned Parenthood’s claims to the contrary, abortion rates are dropping because more moms and dads are choosing life.
Another girl (Live Action told her story of walking out of a Planned Parenthood here) wrote this on Facebook on June 17, 2015:
“Three years ago I was told I should consider an abortion for [my son]. The Doctors thought he had hydrocephalus, and would be brain dead. I’m praising God today that my son is beyond perfect and is the light of my life.”
Carolyn, author of the article, “I Chose Life. And His Name is Lexington Anthony.” had this to say:
“Lexington is a unique and separate little life.
Many times you’ll hear some older person talking about their life in a boring, unsatisfied tone saying, “Yeah I coulda done this or that, but life happened. . . .”
YES. Life. It happened.
He was supposed to happen.”
You can read the rest of Carolyn’s story here.
Another mom posted this on Instagram:
Lora, inspired by singer Kimberly Henderson’s story of walking out of an abortion clinic, shared her own beautiful choice for life. Her four quad babies have now graduated from school and are wonderful adults, (pictured in the lower right hand corner).
So this week, let’s celebrate the moms and dads who choose life. And, if or when we are ever personally faced with such a choice, let’s join the growing number of parents who know that life is always the choice worth making.
Choose life. No matter what.
Editor’s Note: If you are a father, wanting to stop the abortion of your child, read this. If you are a mother, being pressured into an abortion, go here. Here are 10 reasons not to have an abortion and a beautiful, scientific website with pictures, ultrasounds, and videos of preborn babies at every stage. Here’s an article about CNN’s report on hundreds of women who regret their abortions.
Previous Life of the Week stories:
- Life of the Week: These two mothers risked their lives for their children
- Life of the Week: Linda Couri, former Planned Parenthood social worker, shares the ‘inconvenient truth’ of abortion
- Life of the Week: Former Planned Parenthood manager: Abortion stops a beating heart
- Life of the Week: One mom’s hopeful journey from infertility to fulfilled dreams
- Life of the Week: Rapper’s heartbreaking video on regretting abortion has 6+million views
- Life of the Week: From abortion to pro-life speaker
- Life of the Week: Midwife fights against describing children as “monsters”
- Life of the Week: Eli Project gives orphans hope and homes
- Life of the Week: Defying the doctors and the odds with Trisomy 18
- Life of the Week: Noah’s Dad
- Life of the Week: Are pro-life doctors the wave of the future?
- Life of the Week: Couple adopts baby whom others called a curse
- Life of the Week: I was pro-choice…until Ava came
- Life of the Week: Former teen mom leads organization to support pregnant women