Planned Parenthood wanted an abstinence education grant in Michigan. Yes, really.
Planned Parenthood has suffered another small loss in Michigan, as Grand Traverse County denied the abortion giant a $12,000 grant:
Commissioner Jason Gillman rallied other commissioners against the grant application. Gillman said he couldn’t support providing any type of aid to Planned Parenthood of West and Northern Michigan, regardless of the program.
“The organization is designed to kill babies,” Gillman said. “The nicer side of it is only there to mask its evil intent. That is to kill babies.”
Preposterously, the grant PP was vying for was to “pay for abstinence-based sex education in area schools.” Trusting Planned Parenthood to teach abstinence would be like letting Marlboro run DARE.
Planned Parenthood’s business, their primary reason for existing, is disposing of the unwanted babies created when people don’t practice abstinence. A conflict of interest like that alone would be enough to keep the abortion giant out of the classroom, but they also have a track record to consider. Some highlights:
- PP thinks children as young as five “need to know” about “sexual pleasure.”
- PP’s Teen Talk site encourages teenagers to engage in a variety of “sex play” activities.
- PP’s “Healthy, Happy and Hot” brochure endorses the decision not to tell a sexual partner whether you’re HIV-positive.
- PP’s teen Facebook page has MTV’s Francisco Ramirez telling kids to “embrace” the “slut” label, because “there’s a little bit of slut in all of us.”
- PP-favored curricula in Onalaska, Washington taught elementary students how to perform oral and anal sex.
- PP projects like WhereDidYouWearIt.com turn sex into a voyeuristic game.
- PP Valentine cards define the holiday by sex rather than love.
- PP actively deceives young people on the basic science of what sex creates in various ways.
- PP doesn’t even think abstinence education works.
That such an organization would be entrusted with any aspect of sex education is disgraceful enough, but expecting them to teach abstinence would be pure insanity. Planned Parenthood is going to tell teenagers to delay sex, or to be discerning in whom you have sex with? That actions have consequences, or that recognizing when to defer gratification is one of the essentials of becoming an adult?
Planned Parenthood poisons virtually everything it touches. Thank God that Grand Traverse County knew to keep PP away from one of the messages our children need most.