Thanks in large part to Planned Parenthood, kids can’t be kids anymore. Children view the world quite differently than adults do. They have fewer worries and cares and spend a great deal of time “being kids.” But over the last few decades, the innocence of children has been lost, or rather, stolen – and in many cases, it’s because of Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood is doing its best to infiltrate our schools and our after school programs in order to “teach” our children about sexual health and responsibility.
To some people this might seem like a great idea on the surface. But when you break it down, it’s more like adults preying on young children.
- Planned Parenthood wants to teach our four-year-olds about masturbation. They want to teach our five-year-olds that “people often kiss, hug, touch, and engage in other sexual behaviors with one another to show caring and to feel good.”
- In their after school programs, they teach our middle school children through role playing sexual scenarios.
- Planned Parenthood uses and promotes the book It’s Perfectly Normal which says that it is intended for children ages ten and up. However, a prison in Washington rejected a fundraising letter featuring images from the book because it featured “obscene or sexually explicit material as defined by policy.” If the images are too obscene for adults, how can they possibly be okay for children? Copies of the book are given to our children for free, despite the fact that the images fall under the definition of both pornography and child pornography.
If any adult in your child’s life taught your five-year-old to masturbate or showed your children pornography, you’d be more than upset. It would be inappropriate, right? It would be abusive. So why does Planned Parenthood keep gaining access to our children to do just that? Why would Planned Parenthood push pornographic material and information on sexual behavior on our young children and rob them of their innocence?
They want to gain our children’s trust. They want to be there as your child’s “friend with benefits.” They want to be there to give your child free condoms. They want to be there when your child has questions about sex. And they want to be there when your child becomes pregnant. They are telling your children that it is difficult to talk to parents about sex, so talk to Planned Parenthood instead.
Why? So that Planned Parenthood can benefit financially. According to Jim Sedlak, Vice President of American Life League, Planned Parenthood needs young people in order to stay in business. He said:
“Based on the retention rates that Planned Parenthood published routinely until the mid-1990s, it consistently lost 43 percent of its customers annually. Today, PPFA [Planned Parenthood Federation of America] is a $1 billion business. The only demographic big enough to furnish that many new customers every year is teens and young adults who engage in frequent sex. Planned Parenthood can make millions on preaching safe sex. It goes broke on abstinence.”
Quite simply, Planned Parenthood desperately needs to teach our children that sex is just about having a good time and that at any age and any stage, it’s right.
Planned Parenthood wants our children to believe that “safe sex” will keep them free from sexually transmitted diseases and unintended pregnancies. They teach our children that babies are the enemy. We know that’s not true, but our kids don’t.
And when our children listen to Planned Parenthood and are devastated to learn they have an STD or are pregnant, where will they turn? Chances are they will go back to Planned Parenthood, who promises not to tell anyone, even if the child is being raped. Chances are they will convince your children to abort your grandchildren. Chances are they will send your child back out into the world with more condoms or birth control pills. And your child will return to Planned Parenthood again and again while Planned Parenthood’s bank account grows.
Planned Parenthood is the biggest predator of children in America today. And our government supplies them with the money – our tax dollars – to do it.
Editor’s Note: To catch up on our “Why America Doesn’t Need Planned Parenthood” series, take a look at the following articles, and come back every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the next few weeks.
- Above the Law: Why America Doesn’t Need Planned Parenthood
- Lies and Misinformation: Why America Doesn’t Need Planned Parenthood
- Shoddy Science: Why America Doesn’t Need Planned Parenthood
- Civil Rights Violations: Why America Doesn’t Need Planned Parenthood
- Bullying and Coercion: Why America Doesn’t Need Planned Parenthood
- Women Aren’t Safe: Why America Doesn’t Need Planned Parenthood